My photo
Quezon City, NCR, Philippines
I am blessed, a songwriter, a musician, an educator, an artist, a SERVANT of GOD, a woman after God's own heart and a princess by heart=)

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Taste of God's Faithfulness


“Great is the LORD and most worthy ofpraise; his greatness no one can fathom.” Psalm 145:3

                Who can imagine travelling with a limited budget and all girls getaway?

                 We departed Cubao, Quezon City, Friday,May 17, 2013 at exactly 10:30am. Road an ALPS bus and headed to Lipa, Batangas.I must admit, we really don’t know each other personally, (came from all walks of life) but our hearts became one and united because of one cause-to have fellowship in Christ. From Lipa, we transferred a bus heading Nasugbu, still in Batangas. Then, blessings started to pour out.


            On our way to Nasugbu, a young boy named Jude came to our lives. He is just 12 years old but very friendly and have a golden heart. We really don’t know theplace we are going to but God sent this man to help us. At first, I personally doubted this young boy, a hesitant heart knowing the situations in thePhilippines but then, God let me see His goodness through this young boy. He helped us get a good bus though we were a chance passengers, but there were good samaritans offering us good seats and enjoyed our trip to their towns. We traveled almost 3hours going to an island, we didn’t have our lunch yet and tired from work before that trip, if only us, we might ended up sleeping but this boy who’s really chatty talked a lot, we laughed and listened to him without noticing that finally we’re on the place already.


            This instant tour guide became our companion during our trip. His goodness really ablessings to us. He cooked our food, he gathered stones, dried leaves to makefire, he even guided us in swimming, he shared stories even made us laugh. He even brought us pillows and mat to sleep. Truly, God is working through him. Even though, his adopted father got mad because he didn’t personally ask permission to stay with us, this young boy did a lot of good things to us. What I like about him is his open heart about Jesus. I believe God has a plan for his life and it’s not an accident that we’ve met him.

            On our day 2 of stay in that island, as early as around 8am, God allowed us tomeet a pastor from Wawa Community Christian Church together with his churchmates. Truly, God blessed us. Ptr. Rodel Alveyra made our day 2 stay such a memorable one. They have church activity in the island but he didn’t leaveus, he even toured us in another beach and let experienced the goodness of God. He even talked to us and ministered to us by sharing his faith and testimony that made us realized many things. I personally felt how blessed I am to have Jesus Christ in my life. Until he treated us with good, simple and delicious-fresh lunch. It was my first time to eat “ADOBONG OCTOPUS WITH GATA”, at first, I was hesistant, but when I tasted it, superb, I even forgot my diet and had my 2 rounds of plate eating in full.


            Another blessing came to us when we met our tricycle driver and we called him “tatay”. He is a christian and his stories blessed us. He drove us safely from Wawa to Brgy. Calayo.


                The name itself said so, Calayo. Yes, travelled almost an hour before going to another place but instead of us whining, we appreciate the greatness of God thru His nature.

            Finally,our trip has come to an end but not in spirit. We headed back to Manila but what we experienced there will always be our special memories.

          “Job 9:10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles thatcannot be counted.”

                 I’m running out of words so let me havethis moment to share my composed song when we’re on our way back to Manila.

Mighty
Lyrics and Music by: Princess Ivy Fernandez (Faith)

Verse 1:
I am at this age and time
When I’m figuring out
How to spend the rest of my life

Verse 2:
I think of the life that You led
As I learn about everything You did
And all that You said

Pre-Chorus:
And sometimes when I feel like I’mfalling apart
I get on my knees, close my eyes, andopen my heart
To all that You are

Chorus:
Because I can fly across the world
Travel on for so long and so far
Take the sky to touch the stars
Oh I can fly across the world
Stray away from the orient pearl
But no matter where I go
You will always be the mightiest Saviorthat I (they/we) will ever know

Refrain:
So I’ll sing, I’ll sing of Your love
In the hopes that those lost as me
Will follow the sound
And I know I can never find a betterway
To wake these young souls who areslowly going astray
And find brighter days
 
Repeat Chorus

No comments: