My photo
Quezon City, NCR, Philippines
I am blessed, a songwriter, a musician, an educator, an artist, a SERVANT of GOD, a woman after God's own heart and a princess by heart=)

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What's BEST TV NETWORK?


The issue about what's the best tv network in town is still debatable. Of course, nobody wants to be the least, that's why, they are battling to win the title every year. Bloggers like me has its own favorite but let me site my point here.

What makes the best tv network? How do we measure its goodness and even its worst matters? As a viewer, we want to want to watch programs whose main goal is to entertain us and at the same time is to promote good values that will help us understand our culture as being displayed by mass media.

Three years ago, the Philippine tv sets a variety of shows that made people think and set a standard of being the best. Network war is vivid and strong among its talents and its shows. Like for instance, GMA-7. GMA-7 reinvented their talents and come up with shows that is as they say "world class". However, ABSCBN-2 didn't ignore that move. They also reinvented their shows and start producing a state of the art shows not only in local but in abroad. ABC-5 or what we call TV-5 now made a massive changes when they introduced new concepts of shows and started to venture to what the other networks are doing.

Nowadays, we have three giant tv networks and the quest is not easy. Viewers are very keen observing their programs and even celebrities. Network war becomes intense everytime they need to appear in awards night, or come up with new shows and etc.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of watching tv. I'd rather listen to music and read books all day but it caught my attention to answer the query. For me, whoever entertains me and the show promotes good values and promotes our culture as Filipinos, then, they have my heart. But this idea has changed when I started to be involved in music industry. My eyes were opened and start watching their shows not just because they are good but personally I believed that they play as a watchdog of our society. That's why, I chose them as my best tv network. Well, it shows on their records. Yearly, they are awarded as Best TV Channel in KBP, CMMA, PMPC and more.

Filipinos deserve to have this kind of network that truly caters the true service for Filipinos, ABSCBN channel 2.

No comments: